Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Insomnia... It Sucks!

I'm not sure if it's the meds I'm on now or just the imbalance in my brain, but for the last year or so I have been having problems with insomnia. But it's not just that I can't sleep... my brain won't let me! I'll lay in bed for hours just thinking about the events of the day, what may happen tomorrow or at some other point in the future, what has happened in the past, and sometimes things that make no sense at all. It's really quite frustrating. But it does have it's up-sides. Sometimes it gives me the urge to draw, sew a new design, or (like last night) write something. And it just so happens that I actually got a poem finished last night about insomnia. Ha! So I shall post it for you now....  hope you all enjoy!




Insomnia

My dear old friend
who's with me until the end
you keep me from my sleep. 
Don't you know
that I need you to go? 
I'm so tired I could weep. 
Yet still you stay
and I have to say 
that it's quite redundant really, 
and not at all fair 
how you couldn't care
less about how I'm feeling.
You make me blunder
and make my mind wonder
if everything is really as it seems. 
Before I scream and shout
please just let yourself out
so I can succumb to peaceful dreams.

1 comment: